problem w/ check_log2.pl

Emmett Hogan EmmettH at Examen.com
Tue Jan 4 21:07:11 CET 2005

Hi Folks,

I am trying to use check_log2.pl via check_by_ssh to check for either
"WARNING" or "NOTICE"...however, if I use the command:

check_by_ssh -l nagios -i nagios_key -H hostname -C
'/opt/nagios/libexec/check_log2.pl -l /var/adm/messages -s
/var/tmp/message.nagios-seek -p "WARNING|NOTICE"'

It is treating the "|" as a unix pipe and not a regular expression
character.  I have tried every method of "escaping" the character, but
have had no luck.

With all of the folks using check_log2.pl, I am sure someone has run
into this before....at least I hope so.

Does anyone know of a solution?  (Maybe redefining the "or" character
for a PERL regular expression?)

-E

--
================ Examen, Inc. ================
Emmett Hogan
Senior UNIX Administrator
emmetth at examen.com
==== Outside Counsel Management Solutions ====

CONFIDENTIAL -  PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
This e-mail may include confidential, trade secret or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use, distribute or disclose this
communication to anyone other than the intended recipient. Please
notify the sender of any error in transmission or delivery and
delete any misdirected e-mail from your system.