NTray 1.0 Release Announcement

Robert Wagner Robert.Wagner at wausaubenefits.com
Tue Jan 4 20:42:24 CET 2005

After two long years, I've finally released a new version of NTray,
everybody's favorite Nagios Tray Icon for Windows.

It's a HUGE change from the previous release. It still sits in the system
tray and changes colors, but almost everything else is different.

What's new in 1.0?
  Well, to be honest, just about everything.  It's almost a complete
re-write.

  -New GUI tool to create nicer looking screens for the pop-up and
configuration screens.
   Added several new configuration options in the setup dialogue.  The tool
I used is
   called 'The GUI LOFT'.

  -Actual status returned from Nagios.  Click on the tray icon to bring up
the status
   pop-up.  You can go to the status detail or the acknowledgement screen
for a selected
   problem.

  -NTray polls the StatusWML.cgi instead of status.cgi.  This is much
easier to parse,
   and creates a lot less load on your Nagios server if you've got quite a
number of
   people using NTray.

  -Choice of only displaying/alerting on unhandled problems. Yay!!! When
configured,
   NTray will only alert on problems that are unacknowleged and don't have
notifications
   disabled.

  -Pretty new icons.  Somebody contributed them, I saved them to my C:
drive, then
   at some point between then and now I lost all my mail.  If you recognize
your
   red, yellow, green, and unknown icon, let me know.

  -New fancy logo icon. I made this myself :)

  The new release can be found on the Nagios.org website under 'Extras'!

                  Rob Wagner, NTray Guy!!

PS - I have not tested the new release under Nagios 2.x, so I don't know
whether it works or not!!

This communication is intended only for the recipient(s) named above; may
be confidential and/or legally privileged; and, must be treated as such in
accordance with state and federal laws. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this communication, or
any of its contents, is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please return it to Robert Wagner and delete the message from
your computer system.