Freshness checks

StinkyBob stinkybob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:06:25 CET 2005

I have a server which has several passive checks running.  I turned on
freshness checking and received this error very shortly after.  I have
a threshold of 3600 seconds.  I'm running Nagios 1.2 on Solaris 8
(sparc).  I had this same problem on Nagios 2.0b1 and is one of the
reasons I switched back to version 1.2.

Any ideas??

Here's my error:

Warning: The results of service 'Load Average' on host 'server' are
stale by 1 seconds (threshold=3600 seconds). I'm forcing an immediate
check of the service.

Here's my config:

# Generic service definition template
define service{
name                            generic-service ; The 'name' of this
service template, referenced in other service definitions
active_checks_enabled           1       ; Active service checks are enabled
passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are
enabled/accepted
parallelize_check               1       ; Active service checks should
be parallelized (disabling this can lead to major performance
problems)
obsess_over_service             1       ; We should obsess over this
service (if necessary)
check_freshness                 0       ; Default is to NOT check
service 'freshness'
freshness_threshold             3600    ; 60 Minute threshold
notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are enabled
event_handler_enabled           1       ; Service event handler is enabled
flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
}
# Service definition
define service{
  active_checks_enabled           0
  passive_checks_enabled          1
  parallelize_check               1
  retain_status_information       1
  retain_nonstatus_information    1
  host_name                       server
  service_description             Load Average
  is_volatile                     0
  check_period                    24x7
  max_check_attempts              3
  normal_check_interval           5
  retry_check_interval            1
  contact_groups                  host-admins
  notification_interval           60
  notification_period             24x7
  notification_options            w,c,r
  check_command                   go-warning
}