nagios archives

AlOclarit at aol.com AlOclarit at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 20:49:15 CET 2005

I run nagios without database support and I have a problem with the nagios archives. It always creates 2 kinds of archives f.e for last week I have this:

nagios-01-01-2005-23.log
nagios-01-02-2005-00.log

for the weekly rotation. Same thing for the daily one.
The problem is this:
The notification CGI only looks at the logs ending in "00.log"
For some reason those never contain anything more than one line saying : LOG ROTATION: WEEKLY or DAILY or whatever.
It's the "23.log" file into which everything gets archived but the CGI's never look into that one so I cannot create reports or anything cause the archives never contain anything useful.
BTW. I'm running gentoo with 2.6.7 kernel.

help ?