setup yaps

Ludse Verhoeven Ludse.Verhoeven at VOPAK.COM
Mon Jan 3 17:18:25 CET 2005

Hi,

I have configured yaps to be used as a tool for paging pager-devices (not
SMS! Not tested if it can be used as such, but I think it can). I've fixed
the spooling-problem by writing an extra daemon-process (plain
shell-commands) which uses the /var/spool-directory to keep the files in
for as long as you'd like, but making sure messages are either sent via
yaps or, if it fails, have a mail-message sent to a configurable
email-account. If anyone is interested I'll post the outlines of the
script here; it will need some tweaking though to the specific needs and
system-setup of your site, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure these
settings out (I hope ;-).

Best wishes,
        Ludse Verhoeven
        Senior Unix System Manager
        Vopak IS/TCC
        Room: 9.13
        Phone: +31 10 - 400 24 40

Gerd Mueller <gmueller at netways.de>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
31-12-2004 14:57

Michael Hüttig <Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de>
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] setup yaps

Hi All,

it's better to use something which spools. We use sms-servertools. I'm
not sure if it will work with a nokia mobile.

Happy New Year
Gerd

Am Fr, den 31.12.2004 schrieb Michael Hüttig um 11:31:
> Am Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2004 12:22 schrieb Gabriel Granger:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm wanting to setup Nagios to send out sms via my nokia mobile which
> > is connected via serial.  I've installed yaps, but cant find much
> > information about setting it up for talking to a mobile via serial.
> > Does anyone know how to go about setting this up easily?
> >
> > Many thanks for your help,
> hi gabriel,
> sending sms with mobile-phone you could use gnokii, but i prefer sending
sms
> with analog-modem or isdn with sms-client over your preferred
sms-central,
> yaps has problems in queuing sms and you can loose some sms. setting up
> sms-client is really easy and it works with great effort.
>
> Happy new year
> Michael
> >
> > ---
> > Merry Christmas & Happy new year
> >
> > Gabe Granger

> > ::: reporting any issue. Messages without supporting info will risk
being
> > ::: sent to /dev/null

reporting any issue.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Nürnberg,

Gerd Müller

--
Gerd Müller                   NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a

reporting any issue.