check_dhcp plugin - No DHCPOFFERs were received

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Jan 2 10:19:02 CET 2005

I've got nagios 1.2 working on a Fedora Core 1 monitor, and gathering
data from several servers and routers. It was installed from rpms from
Dag's repository. Quite nice!

But I can't seem to work out the check_dhcp plugin. The dhcp server is a
Win2K machine (on the same subnet as the nagios monitor), and it's
responding to dhcp requests. I've set the plugin perms to SIUD (owned by
root). When I run the plugin from the command line, I get the same response:

[root at akev plugins]# ./check_dhcp -s 192.168.1.110
DHCP problem: No DHCPOFFERs were received.

Can anyone suggest what I've missed?

Thanks,
--
Micha