Template Based Configuration Issues

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Feb 28 18:30:20 CET 2005

Sean Dilda wrote:
> Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>

>> Nagios 2 is out.
>

> Last I checked (about 2 seconds ago), Nagios 2 was still in beta.  Which
> means it is not in fact out.  Maybe things work different in
> Nagios-land, but typically when someone says software is beta, they mean
> 'please try it out, but don't count on it for mission-critical stuff'.

In opensource-land, the "please try it out" is a cvs snapshot. Companies
don't have that, so they're forced to use their beta releases for it.
Beta means "we're down to fixing misspelled comments in the source, and
you might run into a memory leak if you enable embedded haskell as a
loadable module and write your plugins upside-down in lisp".

As always, don't upgrade if you don't need to.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer