A plug-in for Nagios to check the a terminal server is runing ?

Sat Feb 26 09:48:57 CET 2005

Dear Folks,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:10:21PM -0800, nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> [...]

The latest version of this plugin is

contrib/check_ica_metaframe_pub_apps.pl

in the 1.4 plugin distro (it also requires contrib/net_utils.pm and
have a few less bugs than the version above).

Note it doesn't check that the terminal server is working, only that the
ICA layer is responding to queries for the hosts of published
applications.

That said, in my limited experience, the largest cause of 'terminal
services/metaframe' failure is failure of these peripheral services.

Finally,

1 There are a family of contrib/check_ica plugins that  check the
Citrix apps that run 'on the top of' terminal services.

In Metaframe XP, the server locater service is called 'Citrix
Program Neigbourhood' and runs over HTTP (not UDP as in the plugin
above)

2 I have no idea about using RDP or whatever terminal server uses for
its remote sessions, but there _is_ a plugin on SF - that didn't make
it into the 1.4 release (purely for lack of time and energy) - that
checks RDP

3 NC_Client (?) may do checks of terminal services  ??

4 Some of the Terminal services perf data may be exposed by SNMP ??

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia