Alias instead of hostname in summary pages cgi

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Feb 24 21:18:31 CET 2005

Jason Patterson wrote:
> So has anyone actually done this (consistently shown alias in place of
> hostname) or is there an existing patch out there?

No, but it is a trivial fix which I expect won't catch on very quickly
if you send it upstream. A better one would be to add a html "title"
element to the host so that it displays the alias when you hover your
mouse over the link. This way you could also have some hope of getting a
patch accepted if you send it upstream.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer