NagEvLog and event logs

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Feb 25 01:59:57 CET 2005

>On Wednesday 23 February 2005 17:55, Paul Bourgeau wrote:
>> Well I have the NagEvLog agent loaded on the windows server and NSCA
>> loaded on the Nagios box (I think it's up and running).  Shouldn't it
>> be showing up when I do a ps -aux | grep nsca?  I set the windows
>> piece to forward to my Nagios box.  Now I can't seem to get any event
>> log notifications out of Nagios.
>>
>don't think it's running, check it. yes it should show up in
>ps. check starting nsca manually. check all paths in nsca
>startup script (in /etc/init.d ?) check nsca.cfg for allowed
>clients , make sure passwords are same as on
>windows boxes.

The next version (1.4) of NagEvLog will contain some test functions in the
NagEvLogCtrl configuration utility that check that the NSCA daemon can be
contacted as well as checking the filtering and inserting a test eventlog
entry.  Until then, you'll have to try 'telnet nscahost 5667' from your
nagevlog host to see if you can contact the nscahost.

Steve