Users Warning .. on virtual users

Rick Measham rickm at 3d3.com
Thu Feb 24 01:35:33 CET 2005

> USERS WARNING - 10 users currently logged in

We're getting the above warning. Personally I'd like to bring that
number down as there's only a handful of us who log in. HOWEVER, once
logged in I run `screen`, with up to 10 screens running. The output of
`who` shows each of these screens in it's list, but they're easily
parsable.

I'd probably be able to delve into the source-code etc, and find what
needs changing, however I thought I'd first ask if anyone else has this
problem and if anyone has any hints.

I'm not in charge of Nagios here, but as I'm the one who keeps
triggering the alert, I need to fix it! I've not even looked at the
config, so if there's an option in there somewhere to get it to ignore
screens, please let me know and accept my appologies for not having a
clue!

Cheers!
Rick