[Fwd: SNMP status : alarm if value is lower than treshold for 5 minutes.]

massctrl massctrl at skynet.be
Tue Feb 22 21:41:00 CET 2005

Hello all,

I'm completely new to Nagios, and I haven't installed it yet so bear
with me.  I want to be sure it's 100% suited for my needs before I
install and go any further.
I have this temperature device which I can poll the Temperature using
snmp.   I have found all the info concerning this, so this is not the issue.

I'm wondering if it's possible to configure nagios to send a message
(mail, sms, whatever) if  the temperature is  > 21° for 5 minutes and
longer.
It's the possibility to put the timeframe for this condition that
interests me.  In other words if the temperature peaks above >21° for 2
minutes or so  drops back to 15°  I don't want to
receive a warning.

Only if the temperature is >21° for 5 minutes and longer.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!