NSClient 0.0.1 RC1

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Feb 22 10:32:54 CET 2005

Michael Medin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have just released RC1 of NSClient++ it has basic functionality and
> supports most of the basic commands of NSClient. (only REQ_COUNTER,
> REQ_FILEAGE and REQ_INSTANCES are missing).

Nice work. I'll get to testing immediately. On which versions of MS
os'es should this theoretically work?

> It can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nscplus/
>
> Simple installation instructions:
>
> Unzip to a directory of you choice, run "NSClient++ /install" to
> install the service definition and then "NSCLient++ /start" to start
> the service. If you rather not run it as a service run "NSClient++
> /test" to start the program interactively. A few important things: be
> sure to comment out either ConsoleLogger.dll or FileLogger.dll
> depending on if you run it interactively or as a service. Also note
> that this by default binds to port 1234 (as to not collide with
> NSClient).

Perhaps it would be prudent to get rid of the ancient MS Exchange
problem and have it bind 12248 or some other address in the "free fire
zone" (non-standard, non-common) by default instead?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer