Nag-ios v2.0b2

Jamie Roughan jamie.roughan at mizuho-sc.com
Tue Feb 22 10:06:51 CET 2005

I have some general install questions on the v2.0b2 related to the new
template system.

I edited out the following in the nagios.cfg ; after finding the following
post
http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?21.232.10 which related to the
cannot find the contactgroups.cfg error that I was previously receiving...

#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/escalations.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/services.cfg
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/timeperiods.cfg

1) if I receive the following message after a nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   5

Does this mean that my install is working properly and that I now need to
"set up" the various sections contained therein: hosts, services,contacts

2) I set up apache according to the rtfm
-setting up the web interface
-authent & author in the cgi
And tested apache but did not receive the nice login window that I was
familiar with in the 1.2 version
Any hints

3) Is the v2.0b2 suppose to be installed on top of 1.2 or can it be its own,
as in a fresh install

Any clues appreciated, else I will go the way of 1.2 & as always thankyou