cfg_dir directory recursion

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Feb 21 18:12:18 CET 2005

Bryan Loniewski wrote:
>>Compile this attached program and run it with
>>getnagioscfg <your nagios.cfg file>
>>If it spits out every file you think should be included I'll get a patch
>>for nagios.
>

> Does not spit out anything...
>
> bash-2.05# ./getnagioscfg nagios.cfg
> bash-2.05#

Is that the complete path to your nagios.cfg file? That's what you have
to give, anyways. I didn't put much effort into it, considering it's
rather stupid and has the life expectancy normally associated with
glittery insects hovering over trout streams in the summer.

> exit code is 0 and if I don't give an argument it prints usage, so it does run?
>

>>Compile with;
>>gcc getnagioscfg.c -o getnagioscfg
>

> Compiled... but with warnings:
>
> bash-2.05#  gcc getnagioscfg.c -o getnagioscfg
> getnagioscfg.c: In function `read_strip_split':
> getnagioscfg.c:52: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
> getnagioscfg.c:57: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast

For a 5 minute hack, that's pretty good.

>>You might have to change header files or something or linking or
>>something. I'm not very familiar with solaris.
>

> Only had to change one header file (err.h > errno.h).
>

> My setup looks like...
>
> nagios.cfg:
> cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios2/etc/CCF_SC
>

> bash-2.05# pwd
> /usr/local/nagios2/etc
>
> bash-2.05# ls -dl CCF_SC/
> drwxr-xr-x   4 nagios   nagios       512 Feb 18 11:30 CCF_SC/
>
> bash-2.05# ls -dl CCF_SC/ccf/
> drwxr-xr-x   2 nagios   nagios       512 Feb 18 11:17 CCF_SC/ccf/
>
> bash-2.05# ls -dl CCF_SC/ccf/ccf.cfg
> -rw-r--r--   1 nagios   nagios      9518 Feb 18 11:06 CCF_SC/ccf/ccf.cfg

Should find that without a problem. Is that your only configuration file?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer