contact settings error notify-by-epager

Bit Takeshi vuhung16duong at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Feb 18 14:08:02 CET 2005

--- Werner Flamme <Werner.Flamme at ufz.de> からのメッセー
ジ:
> Hi Bit Takeshi,
>
> you should have a line like
>
> cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg
>
> in your nagios.cfg. In the lot of files I just sent
> you you will find
> misccommands.cfg where all these commands are
> defined.
>
> HTH,
> Werner
>
> --
> Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
> UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,
> Permoserstr. 15, 04318 Leipzig - http://www.ufz.de
> eMail: werner.flamme at ufz.de, Tel.: (0341) 235-2500

Hello Werner,

The file misccommands.cfg was missing before I made make
install-config. And I ran nagios -v and it told me that
misccommands.cfg was missing. And what I did is ignorant:

touch misccommands.cfg

because I thought that "It is misc command, just touch the
file and error gone". The error was GONE but the problem
in fact, not solved.

These are all I have in sample-config folder. Some
critical config files are not there and it's me whom to
blame: Using a beta version :)

Thanks Werner for your nice help and thanks all nagios
community for making a great yet OSS tool!

[root at ns1 /home/vuhung/tmp/nagios-2.0b2/sample-config]#pwd
/home/vuhung/tmp/nagios-2.0b2/sample-config
[root at ns1 /home/vuhung/tmp/nagios-2.0b2/sample-config]#ls
cgi.cfg  cgi.cfg.in  httpd.conf  httpd.conf.in  nagios.cfg
 nagios.cfg.in  README  resource.cfg  resource.cfg.in
template-object
[root at ns1 /home/vuhung/tmp/nagios-2.0b2/sample-config]#ls
template-object/
bigger.cfg     checkcommands.cfg     minimal.cfg
misccommands.cfg     README
bigger.cfg.in  checkcommands.cfg.in  minimal.cfg.in
misccommands.cfg.in
[root at ns1 /home/vuhung/tmp/nagios-2.0b2/sample-config]#

http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/
http://chuiyang.org