Storing data in MySQL

first last mason_ssl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 07:42:33 CET 2005

Hi,

I am running nagios 1.2 with mysql support on FC3.  When I click on the "trend" option on the webpage.  I can see graphs for my services. There are services that I have ran for more than 2 weeks, but the graph show me data that starts from this week only even though the day range I pick is for this month.  Worst yet, the graph sometimes is blank.   I am wondering where do those data store?  I can't see any of them in the mysql db.  I tried to querry the mysql db and all I really see are data from the last check.  Where do the historical data store or does it store at all?

When I click the "availability" option and set the "first assumed state" to "State OK"  I see the services are in the OK state 99.9%, but when I change teh "assumed state" to "State Critical", the OK state changes to 60% and suddenly teh Critical State becomes 39%.  I am trying to understand nagios more.

At last what is the differnet between "soft" and "hard" state?  My understanding from the document is when a service flip between say "Warning" and "Critical", it is in soft state because it is flapping.  If it states in "Critical", that is a hard state.  Is this correct?

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com