pre-flight check error in cgi.cfg

Seth Gregg swg22 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:43:19 CET 2005

I am configuring nagios 1.2 on an FC3 machine with apache 2.0

When I run nagios with the -v option I get the following:

"Error: Unexpected token or statement in file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/config/cgi.cfg' on line 15."

Line 15 of cgi.cfg reads:

"main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg"

I am sure this is the location of my main config file (since I have to
specify its location to even run nagios. I am not using an RPM install
and most of my files are in default locations. I have tried the
following:

1) opening up permissions on every file and folder I can find.
2) disabled selinux and re-booted
3) starting over with new cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg files based on sample
config files.

I have also searched forums and mailing lists and done some reality
checks with other people to make sure I am doing what I think I am
doing.