Configuration files ??

Jai Ganesh r_jai_ganesh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 07:45:16 CET 2005

Hello Guys,

I've just installed Nagios and i have trouble
(configuration files) getting it to work

Nagios version : 2.x (CVS)
OS : Fedora2

1. Can anyone list me the configuration files to get
nagios working (i.e, i need all the configuration
files + examples ?
[http://demo.square-box.com/hostextinfocfg.htm -> is
for nagios 1. version]
[
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html
 ] doesn't tell the configuration files..

I get this error when clicking the links in the left :
Whoops!

Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Here are some things you should check in order to
resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the -v
command-line option to check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating
to startup or status data errors.
   3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and
the CGIs to use the same object data storage options
(i.e. default text file or template-based file).

Make sure you read the documentation on installing,
configuring and running Nagios thoroughly before
continuing. If all else fails, try sending a message
to one of the mailing lists. More information can be
found at http://www.nagios.org.
 and even trying to restart nagios gives some error, i
guess something wrong in the configuration part.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html
doesn't work. Please help