Nagios SIGSEGV problem

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Feb 16 04:37:33 CET 2005

Hi all,

(Started a new thread) I'm running Nagios 1.2 and plugins 1.3.1 on RH
EL3 and Nagios is throwing up SIGSEGV faults two minutes and twenty four
second after it starts. (ran Nagios with 'time')

I ran gdb on Nagios and got the attached output. I think the relevant
stuff is at the end:

[Switching to Thread -1218551680 (LWP 13742)]
0x00c4e722 in strncpy () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) c
Continuing.

0x00c4e722 in strncpy () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program exited with code 0376.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong?

Thanks,
--
Greg Vickers
Lab Monitor Project Manager