Trends Not Working - Problem Solved

Joe Regular JoeRegular at gov.nl.ca
Mon Feb 14 20:27:25 CET 2005

After getting a hint from Marc Powell and Lionel Verscheur concerning
the gd libraries I noticed that in the Apache2 error log I was getting
errors concerning libgd.so.1.8.  However, since I am using SUSE 9.1, I
didn't have a libgd.so.1.8 library, I had a libgd.so.2.0.0 library.  To
solve the problem I simply created a symbolic link to libgd.so.2.0.0
called libgd.so.1.8.  Problem solved.

Thanks guys,
Joe

>>> "Marc Powell" <mpowell at ena.com> 2005-02-09 1:51:07 PM >>>

Has
> anyone encountered this before?
>
> Server error!
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
> your request.
>
> Error message:
> Premature end of script headers: trends.cgi
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
>
> Error 500
> 10.15.0.205
> Wed Feb 9 13:05:50 2005
> Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

HTTP Error 500 is a generic error message when the web server can't
figure out what the problem is. There will be more specific
information
in your apache error_log that should tell you what the problem is. If
you can't decipher it, post the full error from the logs to the list
as
well as specifics about your environment. It's purely a guess but it
may
be that the gd libraries aren't in the default library path for your
web
server.

--
Marc