Keep data from Nagios 1.x/MySQL -> Nagios 2.0

nuffers at tsainc.com nuffers at tsainc.com
Mon Feb 14 18:10:52 CET 2005

I have been using Nagios 1.x  for about 8 months now and we are going to
go production very soon.  We have some new servers and I thought about
going to Nagios 2.x.  One of the reasons, I don't want to go there is
managing the configuration files.  I currently use Nagmin with MySQL
database.  Works great for entering information.

You mentioned about keeping the data in MySQL.  How are you going to
manage the MySQL database?  Entering data? NagMin?

I would also be interested in the MySQL export scripts that someone has
created.

Last question.

Is my concern in entering the data in the flat files over the top?  We may
have a couple of people entering data and I don't want to create problems
with that.

Thoughts?

Steve