authentication issue Nagios2.0b2

Vanhee Frederik frederik.vanhee at perso.be
Mon Feb 14 09:31:37 CET 2005

Hello,

I have this problem (probably not related to a certain Nagios-version).

I have nagios configured with apache-authentication, so each user must login before having access to the Nagios pages

I want to setup one user for demonstration purposes, who can view everything, but can't touch anything, so I added the user to

"authorized_for_all_hosts"-directive in cgi-config-file and so, he can see all hosts and all services and as described in the documentation :

"Users in this list are not automatically authorized to issue commands for all hosts or services".

To make things clear : my user isn't defined in any contacts or contactgroups, so it's an authenticated user but not an authenticated contact.

And now my problem : the user doesn't have the permission to issue host commands, which is normal, but the user DOES have permissions to execute hostgroups commands, thus : scheduling downtime, disable notifications,... and I don't want him to do that.

Thanks,

Frederik