Turn off RED for PASSIVE ONLY checks?

Emmett Hogan EmmettH at Examen.com
Fri Feb 11 18:57:10 CET 2005

Ok....here's what I did:

- Set active_check to 1
- Set check_period to "none"
- Set active_checks_enabled to 1
- Set freshness_threshold to 120 seconds
- Set passive_checks_enabled to 1

According to Marc, if the "Status Data Age" is more than 2 minutes, the
check_command should be run even though "check_period" is set to
"none".  Do I have this right so far?  Well, this gets rid of the red on
the TAC page since I don't have any active_checks disabled, but even
though my "Status Data Age" is " 0d 8h 47m 26s" the active check is NOT
being run. :-(

-Emmett

--
================ Examen, Inc. ================
Emmett Hogan
emmetth at examen.com
==== Outside Counsel Management Solutions ====

CONFIDENTIAL -  PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
This e-mail may include confidential, trade secret or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use, distribute or disclose this
communication to anyone other than the intended recipient. Please
notify the sender of any error in transmission or delivery and
delete any misdirected e-mail from your system.