Nagios/NSCA/Munin Integration

Jørgen Birkhaug jorbir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:12:19 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:43:36 -0600, Marc Powell <mpowell at ena.com> wrote:

> The error message you see --
>
> > > shortly followed by message stating that the service 'df' could not
> > > be found by Nagios.
>
> Indicates that nagios can't find the service df associated with the host that was also in that error message. This could be because you added it without restarting nagios or that there is a typo of some sort or it's really not associated with the host. Try running '/path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg' to check for errors and restart nagios.

hehe. I've triple checked the config many times... 'nagios -v
nagios.cfg' generates no errors or warnings related to the 'df'
service or the host.

Also, Nagios has been reloaded/restarted.

Here's the complete message from nagios.log:

[02-10-2005 22:55:59] Warning: Message queue contained results for service 'df'
on host 'kang.os.ergo.no'. The service could not be found!
[02-10-2005 22:55:54] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;kang.os.ergo.no;df;2;Filesystem usage (in
%):CRITICALs: /mnt/media is 100.00 (outside range [:98]).