Upgrade questions

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Thu Feb 10 15:44:50 CET 2005

Hello to all.

With some help from the group, and a lot of experimentation, I've had
nagios-1.2-0.rhel3.dag up and running great on a CentOS 3.3 box.  I'd like
to upgrade to version 2.0b2, and have compiled an rpm from the tarball.  I
don't want to sound like a wimp (although I probably do), but after all the
work I've done, I don't want to break my current installation.  So my
question are:  Is there anything special I should do when upgrading?  Will I
have to do severe editing to my configuration files?  Has anyone
successfully (and easily) upgraded such as I'm planning on either CentOS os
RHEL3?

As a side question, if I may, I've never gotten the icons to show up in the
status map.  It's probably been answered a thousand times, but I can't seem
to find the one that works for me.  The icons live in
/usr/share/nagios/images/logos/base on my system  (I even created
/usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos, as per the example in cgi.cfg.  - no
joy).  In the cgi.cfg file, I've added lines like the following to show the
icons:
hostextinfo[norwell]=;/base/redhat.gif;/base/redhat.gif;/base/redhat.gif;Cen
tOS 3.3;;;   Is this correct?  Do I have to do anything else?

Many thanks!

Dimitri