More problems and RE: Erratic behaviour by cgi scripts

Harmanjit Singh harman at amazon.co.in
Thu Feb 10 11:00:48 CET 2005

Ok, more than one nagios processes were running.
I killed all, restarted nagios and that fixed it.

By the way, the init scripts for the 2.0b2 Nagios are all broken.
Nagios doesn't even write to the lockfile (which should contain the
PID).
The nagios.lock file is empty.

Also, when I see the HOST Status info in Nagios, it shows
that "Host assumed to be up" and last status check was like, 40minutes
in the past.  In my config files, I have check-host-alive for every host
in hosts.cfg and a PING service defined as well in the services.cfg.

How can I speed up the host status check frequency?

Thanks,
Harman.