servicedependencies and recovery alerts

robelix roland at robelix.com
Wed Feb 9 15:40:14 CET 2005

Hi,

I've got some troubles with service dependencis - resulting in too many
recovery alerts being sent.

A short example:
Service B and C depend on Service A. (mostly stuff like nrpe)
So I defined dependencies:

define servicedependency{
         name                            a-deps
         host_name                       myhost
         service_description             A
         dependent_host_name             myhost
         execution_failure_criteria      u,c
         notification_failure_criteria   u,c
         register                        0
}
define servicedependency{
         use                             a-deps
         dependent_service_description   B
}
define servicedependency{
         use                             a-deps
         dependent_service_description   C
}

It works with Problem Alerts.
A is checked more often, so when they all fail I usally get only the
alert for serivce A.

But when they recover I always get recovery alerts for A, B and C.
Since I've got up to 25 dependent services on some hosts it can turn
into an sms-flooder.

Any ideas how to get rid of these additional recovery alerts. I want to
get a recovery alert, but only the one for A.

(nagios-1.2 on gentoo)

--
Roland "Robelix" Obermayer
http://www.robelix.com
roland at robelix.com robelix at gmx.at robelix at web.de
Jabber: robelix at jabber.at
GPG encrypted Mail welcome
Fingerprint: DE1E F624 C36A 9D64 090E  5D35 5927 AD7C B143 836A

--
    Drive C: not found!
[Ignore] [Retry] [Linux]