Check services with NC_NET with nsca

Pedro A. Damaso soydamaso at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:15:14 CET 2005

> > define service {
> > host_name                      XP_Ofi
> > service_description            XP monitorized with NC_Net with passive
> > support
> > check_period                   24x7
> > max_check_attempts             3
> > normal_check_interval          5
> > retry_check_interval           1
> > contact_groups                 admins
> > notification_interval          120
> > notification_period            24x7
> > notification_options           w,u,c,r
> > check_command                   ?????????????????????
> > }
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> Was there a question in here or were you just telling us of your plans?
> If you're referring to the thousand and one question marks at
> check_command, set it to something that returns critical upon invocation
> but set the check_period (or some such) to none. Then read up on
> freshness checking and implement away til your heart's content.

Oh!, yes there's a question. What should I put in here in order to
recover information from nsca:

check_command                   ?????????????????????

I have read the NC_Net doc, nagios doc, and I haven't found what command
and sintax should I use to recover information from nsca daemon.

Thanks.

--
Pedro Antonio Dámaso Guillén
Avansys Asesores