check_icmp

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Feb 8 12:51:09 CET 2005

Bergström Sebastian wrote:
> Andreas Ericsson, I know you're involved in this so perhaps you could
> give me an answer? Anyone is encouraged to answer of course :o)

Being the original author, I think I can.

> I'm trying to find information about the check_icmp plugin for
> Nagios. Some e-mails in the past has touched this but I'm not getting
> the complete picture. Is there any webpage or other information
> channel that shows progress on the check_icmp development and perhaps
> some of it's benefits over check_ping (I assume _icmp is to replace
> _ping?). Some documentation like switches would be handy as well.
>
> Thanks in advance!

check_icmp is included in the official plugin package as a drop-in
replacement for check_ping. check_icmp -h provides the necessary help
output.

The latest version of check_icmp (as coded by my humble self) is
available at https://devel.op5.se/oss or http://oss.op5.se/nagios as
check_icmp-<version>.tar.gz. Be aware that the code might change without
version increment while I'm researching a weird network error on *bsd
(most likely a kernel issue, but it's hard to know for sure), although
only for fixing this particular bug. Look for the mtime as provided by
apache to find out if it is indeed a new release or not (a fresh one
just hatched 2 seconds ago, actually).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer