Plugin Problem

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Sat Feb 5 00:01:12 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Michael S. Klapheke wrote:

> Hi.  I posted this problem before and tried to implement the suggested
> solution.  Some of the plugins work fine; others, like check_ifstatus, won't
> compile.  I get the error:
>

> [root at ns1 root]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ifstatus -h
>
> Can't locate Net/SNMP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/nagios/libexec
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-th
>
> read-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_pe
>
> rl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/ven
>
> dor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ifstatus line 39.
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ifstatus line 39.
>

> Now, I was told to install the Net::SNMP module which I did.  However, it
> still does not work.  After a lot of reading, I also tried to fix the
> problem by going to the default_store and installing (Makefile.PL, make,
> make install).  This didn't help either.  I have seen other people with this
> problem from web searches, but I have not found a solution that works.
>

> Also, if I look at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi I
> see SNMP.pm there:
>

> [root at ns1 i386-linux-thread-multi]# pwd
>
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
>
> [root at ns1 i386-linux-thread-multi]# ls
>
> auto  Bundle  Gimp  Gimp.pm  Image  NetSNMP  perllocal.pod  SNMP.pm
>
> [root at ns1 i386-linux-thread-multi]#
>

> Any help at all is appreciated.  I did look through all of the documentation
> I could find and I couldn't get this answered.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Mike

The Net::SNMP perl module from CPAN should install in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.x.x/Net/

not in "i386-linux-thread"

It is an all perl module not an xs module like SNMP.pm from the Net-SNMP
project (net-snmp.sf.net)

can you run "perldoc Net::SNMP" - if not Net::SNMP is not installed
can you run "perldoc SNMP"  - if so - you chave installed Net-SNMP's perl
module.

try the following to verify installation:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SNMP'

--

-sg