using check_http with a proxy?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Feb 4 17:04:07 CET 2005

# 'check_via_proxy' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_via_proxy
        command_line    $USER1$/ check_http -H www.sitetoretrieve.org -I
ip.of.proxy --onredirect follow -p 8080 -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -u
http://www.sitetoretrieve.org -R \/HTML

check_http --help details all the arguments but a quick synopsis --

-H www.sitetoretrieve.org is the HOST to retrieve through the proxy
-I ip.of.proxy is the DNS name or IP of the proxy to retrieve the page
through
-p 8080 is the forward proxy port
-u http://www.sitetoretrieve.org is the URL to retrieve in forward proxy
format
-R \/HTML searches for '/HTML' in the page to verify retrieval

You'll probably want to make at least -H and -u variable arguments
passed by the service definition.

--
Marc