Nagios install on gentoo

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Feb 3 21:38:29 CET 2005

If Nagios is not creating a status file, then -
a) you have an issue with nagios not being able to creat a status file
or
b) you are using a db to store status.
   - if so, need to change check_nagios to check_nagios_db from the
   plugin contrib

-sg
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Nolan, Greg wrote:

> Well, it does not seem like nagios is creating a status file so
> check_nagios fails.
>
> -g

>>> 1. Nagios runs perfectly fine as a Daemon.  When I run ps ax|grep
>>> nagios:
>>> 	18884 ?     Ss /usr/nagios/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
>>> 2. ScriptAlias in apache is properly configured
>>> 3. nagios.log reports no problem
>>> 4. apache's log shows no issues