persistent acknowledgements?

Eric Nelson en at megahosted.com
Thu Feb 3 20:52:22 CET 2005

Hello everyone, hope you're all having a great day today!

I have a user here that has just brought up an interesting issue in
regards to handling of acknowledgements within nagios. I've searched
around quite a bit on the matter and was wondering if any of you have
found a good workaround for the following (besides removal of
notifications on warn).

1.  Some check will go critical
2.  We'll acknowledge it
3.  Some check will drop to warning
4.  We'll have to acknowledge it again

Is there a way to make acknowledgements persistent in a way that we
might get a state change, but not have to re-acknowledge when a service
goes from a state of being critical and acknowledged to warning?

--
Eric Nelson     <en at megahosted.com>     http://www.megahosted.com/~en/
GPG-key: C4AB5707 Fingerprint: 9E50 D5C2 2B02 A944 1A28  5CA5 366A 0294 C4AB 5707