plugins 1.3.1 basic problem

ian at kingcon.com ian at kingcon.com
Thu Feb 3 18:41:10 CET 2005

Im wondering where in the documentation it tells explicitly how to make the plugins work with the nagios distribution.

I downloaded (a non beta thanks for the hint) distribution, 1.2, installed it.  Then downloaded the 1.3.1 distribution of the nagios plugins.

Currently my nagios etc folder has a checkcommands.cfg, from various help files I gather I must use the command.cfg file in the plugins distribution.  From that file I gather I must use the convertcfg file to convert the commands file to a commands object type.  When I do this and replace checkcommands.cfg with the command.cfg in the nagios.cfg file, it still tells me I have invalid arguments in the command.cfg file, just like it did in the checkcommands.cfg file.

Im probably confused, but Im interested.  So if the above sounds stupid tell me.  I've looked through the docs and I see the sections on making these object files... but if I cant use the suplied commands file, how do I go about figuring out all the arguments for the different commands to build it from scratch?

Ian Hardy
Network Administrator
Network +
The Kingdom Connection
1-802-748-5866
P.O. Box 526
St. Johnsbury VT 05819

416E67656C697175652C20616B752063696E7461206B616D7521203A58

Check out www.missingkids.com

Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Employees of Merrill Information systems Inc. are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The company will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.