installing Nagios on Solaris 9

Formy-Duval Alan formy-duval_alan at bah.com
Wed Feb 2 23:18:18 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm concerned about one of the steps in the online help for Nagios
installation.  First, I've created my nagcmd group with the nagios and
nobody users.  Now I'm on step "run configure script" step.  The last
line reads:

Replace /cmdgroup/ with the name of the group running the web server
(default is /nagios/)

The default shown at the end of the line doesn't seem right... wouldn't
the cmdgroup be set to either nobody (the Apache 'run-as' group)  or
nagcmd, the Command File Group.

I need to clarify this before I configure

Thanks,
Alan