Unable to read output from NRPE

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Feb 2 21:41:06 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 09:17:10PM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> I've been thinking about that (implemented as a handshake), but it would
> mean redesigning the protocol once again. Backwards compatibility is
> getting important, and it's getting harder to implement.
I think the handshake part is pretty important. At a minimum it
tells check_nrpe that there is really a NRPE daemon on the other
end and that it was allowed to talk to it. The error messages
generated from check_nrpe could be much more informative if it
has a better idea of what was happening on the remote end.

-Jason Martin
--
Postmen never die, they just loose their zip...
This message is PGP/MIME signed.