Unable to read output from NRPE

Brian Ibsen nagios-list at smarte.dk
Wed Feb 2 17:40:50 CET 2005

Hi..  I have a problem with reply from NRPE

The remote host I'm trying to check have the following in /usr/local/etc/nrpe.cfg:
command[check_total_procs]=/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_procs -w 70 -c 150

when command is executes locally on the remote host it seams to work:
/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_procs -w 70 -c 150  giving
OK - 13 processes running

But when
/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_nrpe -H myhosthere -c check_total_procs ig get:
Unable to read output

The rest of the checks on the remote hosts returns a fine output
Any idee whats going on ???