Monitoring HP ProLiant Linux servers -- Nagios vs. OVO vs. SIM

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:31:00 CET 2005

Guys,

  We have deployed Tivoli at a customers premises and spent crores on
the same. Ultimately we had to deploy nagios to make thing "work" and
get some meaningful information. Tivoli does wonderful trend reporting
for various properietary/opensource components but stops short of
instant alerting and reporting which is where nagios pitches in.

  Nagios we use to monitor :

> OS (aix-gnu/linux-Ms)
> DB2
> WebSphere

 Hp OpenView / BMC Patrol and the others i have no idea about. Would
love to hear from someone on those fronts too.

Trevor