log to database

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Feb 2 01:23:54 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 01:19 +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Sandoval, Julio wrote:
> > Thank,
> > I´m not familiarized with developer script, but i have been looking for documentation without success
> >
> > I really need to have availability of a hostgroup considering down when one or more host are down.
> > For this i thought to turn logfile to database.

You're probably better off having one -host- (OK, a pseudo-host) for the
group of hosts you want to consider, and aggregate them using
check_cluster or check_cluster2.  I prefer check_cluster2.

I have a web page about how to set it up at:

http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/nagios-check_cluster2.html

HTH.