check_ping -- how to get -i <interval> option ?

Minkov, Ross ross.minkov at hp.com
Wed Feb 2 00:57:38 CET 2005

> My workaround right now is to use "check_ping -t 10 -w 3000.0,80% -c
> 5000.0,100% -p 1", and to specify "max_check_attempts  30" so that i
> know that a host is definitely down for at least 5 minutes before I
> get a HOST DOWN alert.

The way I solved similar problem ( I'm not saying this is the right way
;-) ) was to modify the check-host-alive command definition as follows:

# 'check-host-alive' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check-host-alive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 10
        }

This kind of achieves the same... Instead of sending one ping and
waiting for 10 seconds for a response (-t 10) I send 10 pings... Not
sure which way is better...

Regards,
Ross