check_ping -- how to get -i <interval> option ?

Joubin Moshrefzadeh jmosh at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 1 20:29:31 CET 2005

I occasionally get a host down alert, that is fixed on the next check cycle. In my opinion thats sort of a false positive, and I want to give the host test script a longer time-span before it decides a host is down/unreachable.

Any way to incorporate the -i <interval> option of ping into the check_ping script?

My workaround right now is to use "check_ping -t 10 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1", and to specify "max_check_attempts  30" so that i know that a host is definitely down for at least 5 minutes before I get a HOST DOWN alert.

I know mon has a feature where you can specify the number of failures for a check before it sends out a notification. Anything similar in Nagios?

Thanks,
Joubin