Upgrade nagios-mysql (debian backports) problematic?

Jens Kruse j.kruse at econnex.de
Tue Feb 1 12:19:13 CET 2005

Hi,

I just did the nagios-mysql upgrade on one of my Nagios Servers (debian
woody, nagios* from backports), but nagios doesn't restart anymore ...

Here's my Preflight Check:

# /usr/sbin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.2
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 02-02-2004
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
Error: There are no services defined!
        Checked 0 services.
Checking hosts...
Error: There are no hosts defined!
        Checked 0 hosts.
Checking host groups...
Error: There are no host groups defined!
        Checked 0 host groups.
Checking contacts...
Error: There are no contacts defined!
        Checked 0 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
Error: There are no contact groups defined!

        Checked 0 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking host group escalations...
        Checked 0 host group escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 0 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 0 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular service execution dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive service processor command...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   5

***> One or more problems was encountered while running the pre-flight
check...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as
the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

It seems, that nagios can't find its config anymore, though the config files
don't vary.
Could it be a problem with the database?

Thanks for your help,

Jens