opinions on web-based configuration utilities

Cam cameron.matheson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:24:55 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/29/05, Jeff Williams <jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what a good web-based configuration utility is for
> adding new hosts and services and even hostgroups if possible. I've
> looked around a bit on nagiosexchange.org, but I'm looking for some
> opinions based on what people have tried. Is NagiosQL a good choice?
> By the way, I'm using version 2.0, if that makes a difference. The
> only reason I really need this utility is so that our network staff
> can add their own devices rather than bugging us sysadmins every time.
> Thanks in advance.

I tried setting up nagioSQL, but I couldn't get it to run on my
webserver (some sort of php error iirc).  Anyway, I just ended up
writing my own stuff in Ruby/CGI... it's insanely not-powerful (it
only allows the people to add new hosts, and edit the contacts list
for the hosts they've added). Anyway, coding up something lame like
that wasn't much work, so if just adding new boxes is the only
functionality you need, maybe you could do the same.

Good luck,
Cameron Matheson