Sending $HOSTADDRESS$ or other to NRPE

Mark Pearson Mark.Pearson at uftwf.org
Thu Dec 29 16:31:04 CET 2005

Ok, so let me try to understand what you are attempting to do here.

Do you just want to ping a printer, from your Nagios Monitoring Box?  Or do
you want to ping the printer from another host that the Nagios monitoring
box is monitoring?

The reason I ask is it looks like all you are inevitably doing is a
check_ping, so why not do that from the Nagios host?  The NRPE would be used
if you wanted to run a command on a remote computer.  And in this case, ping
a device from a remote computer.  So why not just ping it from the Nagios
host vs. the remote computer.

HTH
-Mark