help

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Dec 28 21:20:01 CET 2005

Hello,

On 12/28/2005 10:25 AM, vajun wrote:

> hi,
>

> I already configure the remote host. But theres an error in Nagios GUI.
> It states that CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon. Check the
> remote server logs for error messages..
>
> when i check the /var/adm/messages. the error is
>
> Unable to open config file '//nrpe.cfg' for reading
> Config file '//nrpe.cfg' contained errors, bailing out...
>
> Seems that nrpe.cfg cannot load..I already run the following query but
> its ok..(see below)
>
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk.pl -H <IP> -C <community string> -m
> / -r -w 85 -c 90 -t 10
> / : 46 %used (29794MB/65075MB)  (<  85) : OK

You should check your nrpe.conf for errors, trying some plugins from the
shell won't help you a bit.

> Badly needed assistance with this. thanks in advance.

Verify how nrpe is started (inetd or stand-alone). See which
configuration you told it to use. Read that file. Read the manual for
nrpe. Locate the difference. Correct that difference. Try again.

Or, of course, you could try calling nrpe with the correct command line
options and see if it reports anything useful. If you've got more
details concerning the nrpe configuration erros, I'm quite sure that
someone here can help you correct them - provided you post the necessary
information, like releveant nrpe configuration file entries.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de