Script for generating notification reports

Mike Place mp at xmission.com
Wed Dec 28 02:50:42 CET 2005

Hello Nagios users,

Though I've always found the Alert Summary reports useful, I've always
found it troubling that there is no good way (that I know of) to
generate these reports into a portable format.

I've written a admin_report.pl which can take raw Nagios logs and
generate reports similar to the '25 Hard Alert Producers' option in the
Nagios web interface. This script is somewhat different, in that it
generates reports for notifications, and not alerts, but it can be
modified to suit your needs. To run it, you'll need a couple of Perl
modules, which may not already be installed on your system --
specifically Array::Uniq.

The script returns results either to STDOUT or to the email address of
your choice (or both). Handy for generating weekly reports for
management without having to walk them through a web interface.

(Nagios developers, if you have interest in this script or something
like it for CVS /contrib, please contact me off-list).

Code attached; patches welcome. Updates available at
http://www.xmission.com/~mp/devel/

-mp

(Disclaimer: This code has only been tested by me on my Nagios
installation; I have no idea what it will do on/to your system.)