FW: Host checks

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Dec 21 17:45:12 CET 2005

* prashanth guduru <jungleey at yahoo.com> [2005-12-16 14:31]:
> Its true it doesnt talk about how you can do that in the
> documentation.

Yes.

> But the documentation does say that it is going to try it until the
> max_attempts, so i guess it keeps running the command that many times
> or until the host is up.

Yes, but the question was how to configure the _interval_ between host
check retries.  AFAICS this is not possible.

> Im sure you must have thought about this but you can actually do this
> by writing another simple plugin that wraps around check_ping.

You mean this wrapper should sleep for the desired number of seconds
before it returns the result?  That's not an option.  First, I want a
retry interval which is larger than my "host_check_timeout".  Second:

| when Nagios is check the status of a host, it holds off on doing
| anything else (executing new service checks, processing other service
| check results, etc).

[ http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/checkscheduling.html#host_checks ]

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE