SQL Server monitoring

Jason jboard at nvc.net
Mon Dec 19 20:10:20 CET 2005

Northern Valley CommuRecently, we had a server issue with one of MSSQL servers.  It never went
down, but it did reject any type of connection that would be sent to it.
All websites that tried to conenct to a database on that server failed.
They all showed RunTime errors.  We have nagios set up to monitor if the SQl
servers are physically down, but is there a way to have nagios check the
connectivity of a server that is up to see if it is still accepting
connections?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Jason B.
Hosting Technician
Portal Web Hosting
Northern Valley Communications nications