Nagios stops working at around midnight

Nain, Sandeep nain at amazon.com
Mon Dec 19 21:00:11 CET 2005

Hi,

I am running Nagios on a host to monitor bunch of services. I have setup 2 mins as frequency for some of the services. The issue I am facing is that Nagios stops running in timely fashion at around midnight daily (12:00 AM to 02:00 AM) and I do not get timely data for the services I am monitoring.

I added a Nagios plugin to take backup for status.log every 5 mins. I found that there is only one copy of status.log saved during 12:00 AM to 01:00 AM, and 2-3 copies between 01:00 am to 2:00 AM . It's behaving correctly as it should for rest of the time and it saves around 12 different copies for status.log each hour.

I have setup timeperiod to be 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week. Here is my timeperiod definition:

# '24x7' timeperiod definition
define timeperiod{
    timeperiod_name    24x7
    alias       24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
    sunday      00:00-24:00
    monday      00:00-24:00
    tuesday     00:00-24:00
    wednesday   00:00-24:00
    thursday    00:00-24:00
    friday      00:00-24:00
    saturday    00:00-24:00
    }

I have no idea what's going on.
Any pointers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sandeep